Julie U. Park, M.D
Medical Philosophy: As a vascular specialist, nothing brings me more joy than helping free my patients from the pain and suffering that can be associated with vein disease. It’s my philosophy to listen and understand the individual needs of my patients when diagnosing and treating vein conditions. By working together, we can make an extraordinary difference in the health of your veins.
Having many years of experience in minimally-invasive techniques, I enjoy helping patients to reach their goals of improving their body shapes and self-confidence by specializing in tumescent liposuction, which is the safest and most comfortable form of liposuction with the quickest recovery. I have an artistic penchant and love using my hands to create. My priority is delivering the best cosmetic results in the safest and most comfortable manner.
Experience: A dedicated and authoritative source on the latest techniques and treatments for venous disease, Dr. Park brings her medical knowledge and accomplishments into her role as Co-Founder of Carolina Vein Care & Aesthetics.
Since 2001, Dr. Park has specialized in the treatment of superficial and deep vein disease. Her commitment to the treatment of vascular disease has guided her professional achievements. She holds board certification in both Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Park is experienced in all aspects of vein care.
From 2001-2006, Dr. Park was a partner practicing Interventional Radiology with Diversified Radiology of Colorado in Denver, CO. In 2006, she and her family moved to Greenville, SC where she practiced interventional radiology for 5 years with Upstate Carolina Radiology and Southern Vascular Institute.
From 2013-2018, Dr. Park focused her practice on the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins and spider veins, aesthetics, and tumescent liposuction in an office-based setting with both Carolina Plastic Surgery in Spartanburg, SC and Greenville Vein and Body Sculpting in Greenville, SC.
Education and Training:
- Cum Laude graduate of Duke University’s Trinity School of Arts and Sciences in Durham, NC.
- Medical Doctorate from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA.
- Completed General Surgery internship at Temple University Hospital.
- Completed Diagnostic Radiology residency at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. Served as Chief Resident during her final year of residency.
- Completed Interventional Radiology Fellowship at the McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University in Chicago, IL.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Radiology at Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of the University of Chicago Hospitals, where she trained medical students and residents.
- Completed preceptorship on Comprehensive Liposuction and Fat Transfer Under Local Anesthesia at Pelosi Medical Center in Bayonne, NJ.
When Dr. Park is not in the office, she and her husband Michael, also an interventional radiologist, enjoy spending time with their children, Nicolas and Isabella. She enjoys playing golf, taking fitness classes, snowboarding, hiking, cheering on her kids at their sporting events, and traveling the world with her family.
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- American Vein and Lymphatic Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
- Greenville County Medical Association